Immigration Law

Murfett Legal provides advice and assistance in all areas of Australian immigration law.

Murfett Legal:

  • are based in Perth, Western Australia.

  • represent clients in Perth, Western Australia, Australia and overseas.

  • can help you to identify the right visa options for your circumstances, and help you apply.

  • can assist you to navigate the whole process, including (if necessary) any issues or disputes.

Australian immigration law is complex area of law that is subject to constant change.  Simply understanding the legal requirements that determine a person’s eligibility to apply for and be granted a visa to lawfully stay in Australia can be difficult as the answers are not located in the one place.  It is also high stakes, where a visa application can be knocked back based on an eligibility requirement not being addressed properly.

For these reasons, it is important to seek counsel from experienced lawyers who can help you navigate this process from start to finish.

Types of visas we can help you with

Our team are well equipped to assist with the following visa applications:

  • Skilled and business visa applications, including:

    • Temporary work visas (Temporary Skill Shortage visa, Temporary Graduate visa, Skilled Regional Provisional visa and Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa)

    • Permanent work visas (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme, Employer Nomination Scheme, Skilled Independent visa, Skilled Nominated visa, Skilled Regional visa and Business Investment visas).

    • Short stay work visas (Working Holiday maker visas, Pacific and Seasonal Work visas and Temporary Activity and Specialist visas)

  • Student and Training visa applications.

  • Family and partner visa applications.

  • Visitor and Tourist visas.

Other immigration assistance

We can also assist with the following:

  • Visa cancellations including assistance with responding to a Notice of Intention to Consider Cancellation (NOICC) issued by the Department of Home Affairs.

  • Visa refusals, including:

    • Administrative Appeals Tribunal applications.

    • Judicial Review at the Federal Circuit and Family Court and Federal Court and High Court of Australia.

  • Ministerial Intervention applications.

  • Citizenship related matters.

  • Skills Assessment Applications.

  • Employer Sponsored business advice, including:

    • Understanding sponsorship obligations including “genuine position” and Labour Market testing requirements.

    • Responding to sponsor monitoring requests.


How much does an immigration lawyer cost in Australia?

The cost of using an immigration lawyer can vary depending on the type of visa application or review application.  Please contact us for a fee estimate.

 Can an immigration lawyer speed up the visa process in Australia?

An immigration lawyer can help avoid delays caused by incorrect and incomplete visa applications and/or lack of supporting documents to accompany the application.

 What is the difference between an immigration lawyer and an immigration consultant/migration agent?

An immigration lawyer is a person that is admitted to practice as a lawyer in all states and territories of Australia.  Our lawyers are regulated by the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia.

Immigration Consultants and Migration Agents are not lawyers. Migration Agents are required to be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

Both lawyers and Migration Agents can represent you with your visa application or review application at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. If your Migration Agent is not a lawyer, they cannot represent you in Court because only lawyers are allowed to represent people in Court.

our specialists

Jason De Silva

Jason De Silva

View Profile
Rachel Gopal

Rachel Gopal

View Profile

Contact Us

Customer satisfaction is the benchmark of success here at Murfett Legal. Contact us today and our lawyers will be in touch to fully understand your situation in order to provide clear cut solutions for your needs.